1. The academic qualification for Bright Sparks entry requirement must be in accordance and equivalent to University of Malaya Grading System based on CGPA out of 4.00.
2. Quota : 50% (local candidates) and 50% (international candidates) for each Faculties.
3. Completed application will be reviewed and processed in due time according to the rules, regulations, as well as the terms & conditions set by the authority in the University of Malaya.
4. False information provided in the online application may cause the application to be null and void.
5. The University of Malaya will not process any incomplete online application including those without complete supporting documents and processing fees.
6. Candidates will also be assessed based on:
- Interest and commitment in research
- Quality of PhD research
- Assessment of ideas for research
- Commitment to support UM via contribution in the field of research
- Additional knowledge and skills (for example : knowledge in IT)
- Communication and writing skills (in seminars and essays)
- Feedback from supervisor and / or examiner
- Excellent Personal Traits : attitude, discipline, communication skills, motivation, proactive, teamwork and other positive traits
7. Decision on the selection of candidates for this program is final.